Reader in Computational Intelligence
PhD Optimization of Dynamic Vibrating Systems
MSc Applied Mathematics and Informatics
BSc Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Joined the University of Portsmouth in 2003 after 3 years with De Montfort University; 2 years with the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff; and 16 years with the Technical University, Sofia, Bulgaria.
EVOC – Evolutionary Computing (MSc)
COMP5105 - Approaches to Software Development (MSc)
COMP5215 - Development of Software Applications (MSc)
OOPJ – Object Oriented Programming with Java - BSc
IT355 – Object Oriented Design and Programming - BSc
MSc projects coordination and supervision
- Leader of the SoC “Artificial Intelligence” research group;
- PhD research students’ Tutor;
- EU students Coordinator.
Supervision of research students
I have supervised to successful completion 9 PhD and 4 MPhil research students.
Currently I supervise 4 PhD research students.
I have been internal and external examiner of more than 10 PhD/MPhil vivas for:
- Open University (external);
- Brunel University (external, twice);
- Asia Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand (external);
- University of Wales Institute Cardiff (internal);
- De Montfort University (internal);
- University of Portsmouth (internal);
International journals reviewer for:
- IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks;
- IEEE Trans. on Evolutionary Computation;
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters;
- Neurocomputing; Computers in Industry; Mechatronics; Soft Computing;
E-books and journals associate editor for:
- Bentham Science Publishers;
- Guest editor (special issue) Neural Computing and Applications journal;
- Int. Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence;
- Int. Journal of Knowledge Based and Intelligent Engineering Systems.
Programme chair and committee member of international conferences:
- Programme chair of KES’2010 (UK), (http://kes2010.kesinternational.org/);
- Programme committee member of TEC’10 (UK); IEEE CEC’10 (Spain); NaBIC’10 (Japan); IEEE CEC’09 (Norway); IEEE HIS’09 (China); CISIM’09 (India); HAIS’09 (Spain); IEEE HIS’09 (China); IEEE IJCNN’09 (USA); IASTED IPC’09 (Spain); IEEE NaBIC’09 (India); SOCPAR’09 (Malaysia);
- For some of those I have been a member for more than three consecutive years.
Research grant proposals reviewer:
- Royal Society research programme.
Room: Buckingham 1.06
School of Computing,
Tel: +44(0)23 9284 6786
Fax: +44(0)23 9284 6364
Last Revised: March 2014