Reader in Computational Intelligence
PhD Optimization of Dynamic Vibrating Systems
MSc Applied Mathematics and Informatics
BSc Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Joined the University of Portsmouth in 2003 after 3 years with De Montfort University; 2 years with the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff; and 16 years with the Technical University, Sofia, Bulgaria.
EVOC – Evolutionary Computing (MSc)
COMP5105 - Approaches to Software Development (MSc)
COMP5215 - Development of Software Applications (MSc)
OOPJ – Object Oriented Programming with Java - BSc
IT355 – Object Oriented Design and Programming - BSc
MSc projects coordination and supervision
- Leader of the SoC “Computational Intelligence” research group;
- Departmental Research Degree Coordinator;
- REF UoA11 “Computer Science and Informatics” submission coordinator.
Supervision of research students
I have supervised to successful completion 11 PhD research students.
Currently I supervise 3 PhD research students.
I have been internal and external examiner of more than 10 PhD/MPhil vivas for:
- Open University (external);
- Brunel University (external, twice);
- Asia Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand (external);
- University of Glamorgan (external);
- University of Wales Institute Cardiff (internal);
- De Montfort University (internal);
- University of Portsmouth (internal);
International journals reviewer for:
- IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks;
- IEEE Trans. on Evolutionary Computation;
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters;
- Neurocomputing; Computers in Industry; Mechatronics; Soft Computing; Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering;
- Guest Editor, Special issue “Contemporary Dvlp. of Neural Computation and Applications”, Neural Computing and Applications journal, 2012;
- Editor of Springer-Verlag books “Innovations in Intelligent Machines”, 2013; and “Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems”, 2010..
- Int. Journal of Knowledge Based and Intelligent Systems;
- Int. Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence;
- Int. Journal of Engineering & Soft Data Paradigms;
- Bentham Science Publishers (e-books).
Programme chair and committee member of international conferences:
- Programme chair of KES’2010 (UK), (http://kes2010.kesinternational.org/);
- Programme committee member of many international conferences (for some of these – a member for more than five consecutive years).
Research grant proposals reviewer:
- Royal Society research programme.
Room: Buckingham 1.06
School of Computing,
Buckingham Building, Lion Terrace,
Portsmouth, PO1 3HE
Tel: +44(0)23 9284 6786
Fax: +44(0)23 9284 6364
Last Revised: June 2016